Paid Search Advertising
Paid Search Advertising/Pay-per-click (PPC) also called as cost per click (CPC) is a online advertising process used to get direct traffic to websites in which an advertiser pays to a publisher when the user clicks on the advertisement.
Pay-per-click is commonly associated with the search engines where the advertisers spent money on keywords phrases relevant to their business. There are different types of PPC advertisement contains content, content with images. Mostly the content sites charge a fixed price for price per click rather than using a bidding system.
The PPC adds appears in the websites based on the keyword/query matches to the user search. The purpose of PPC ads is get clicks to the website and also to assess the cost effectiveness and profitability of internet marketing which shows the effectiveness of the advertisement.
The main benefits of paid search marketing are
- To target: To reach target audience when they are looking for products/services.
- Low wastage: With the right match types like use of phrase match, exact match and broad match along with negative keywords, we can make sure that our ads are shown for relevant searchers
- Predictability: We can predict the end result like Traffic volumes, ranking, returns and costs tend to more stable than SEO.
- Speed: PPC ads appear much faster, usually in a few hours but SEO has a much longer lead time, particularly when new sites are created.
- Control: It is more straight forward to get high ranking and direct visitors to the relevant page on your site and we can control the traffic by changing the bidding through the campaigns.
- High conversion rates: PPC tends to have the higher conversion rates than organic conversion rate where viewers click more on impulse on ads.
7. Branding effect: Ads are shown N number of times so that there is a branding effect with Pay Per Click, even if the users do not click on the ad. PPC is useful for generating brand awareness during the launch of new products or campaigns